The webinar archive you are trying to access is no longer available. Archived webinars are available for a year from the original webinar date.
Patrick Donegan, Senior Analyst, Heavy ReadingFeatured Speakers:
Gunter Ollmann, VP Research, Damballa and Member of CSRIC Working Group 7; Kirk Appelman, VP of Service Provider Solutions, Damballa
Tuesday, May 01, 2012
2:00 p.m. New York / 7:00 p.m. London
Cyber fraud and information theft stemming from botnet activity within Internet and mobile service provider networks are proliferating. With mounting consumer and government pressure for added security, representatives from the FCC and leading ISPs jointly developed a voluntary code of conduct, which provides a framework to help service providers address these threats and ultimately protect U.S. consumers.
Join Gunter Ollmann, member of CSRIC Working Group 7, to learn how the "U.S. Anti-Bot Code of Conduct" affects the industry as well as individual service providers. Learn about approaches several large providers have used that have proved effective in meeting the requirements of the new Code of Conduct.
In this webinar you will learn:
- Why the Communications Security, Reliability and Interoperability Council (CSRIC) was formed
- What the requirements of the U.S. Anti-Bot Code of Conduct are
- How to detect subscriber infections in service provider networks
- Methods used to alert and inform subscribers
- How service providers can guide subscribers through an automated remediation process
*This is a custom webinar.